Sunday, February 11, 2007

Safely Arrived in Bangalore

Not much to report yet on my end, but my colleague Karlyn Stanley (another Virginia based lawyer and speaker at the International Tech Law conference) had an interesting day yesterday visiting Lalbagh Gardens which she likened to Central Park in New York or the Retiro in Madrid; she also saw the Bull Temple before I arrived at 5AM -- you can obtain a blessing at this temple. Not much traffic on the roads at 5AM so I only saw 2 cows and a handful of pedestrians, and was relieved to reach the comfortable Meridien Hotel. Fair warning to all travelers through Heathrow Airport (London) -- you are permitted only one carryon bag, and that includes a purse. There are no exceptions -- you have to check or dispose of anything else, and the authorities are enforcing this rule with a vengeance. More later, after my first Indian dinner tonight (11 February).

No comments: